My houndstooth inspiration.

Okay, Mandy's houndstooth post totally inspired me. I promised my friend I would make her a houndstooth cake someday and so I sat down and started brainstorming. She's got this awesome crazy sense of fashion so I tried to incorporate it into the cake. I want it to scream "JESS!" Here are a couple ideas I had. The last one with a question mark isn't an actual design I want you to let me know if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them!



I'm excited about making it. I'm hoping for this summer because I'm also making Char's wedding cake in March. Maybe it will be my first cake in my new kitchen. That's an exciting thought!!

I also found this houndstooth cake on Buttercakes by Evan



They used an edible image and covered the fondant. Unfortunately, I don't have those capabilities. And I'm not a huge Bama fan (Go HOGS!) but I think this Bear Bryant hat cake is pretty awesome. You should definitely check out this blog because there are some amazing cakes and she goes through a lot of the steps, which I love because I can attempt it at some point.

Well, I'm headed across the hall to watch a disney movie with the boys :-)!

Be crafty!
-Krackle

1 comments:

Mandy Deitering said...

KKKKRYYSTLE!!! I think the purple and zipper one! she will love it! and that hat cake..... WOW - just speechless!! love it!

Post a Comment