Day 9 - 12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge


Today we are gonna have a little Do It Yourself FUN!!!! When Krystle and I were putting this challenge together I was excited about sharing my own DIY, but ...... the holiday's hit ...... hard, and I was not able to get my act together. I did make a Yarn Wrapped Wreath, but I had everything done, when the thought struck me that I should have made THAT my DIY.... good intentions. SO, to make up for my epic failure, I searched the Internet high and low for some pretty amazing DIY's. I plan to make most, if not all of these in 2011..... Enjoy!

The Blog Challenge is for you to come up with your own DIY and share with us! We would love it hear them. The prize today is a custom beaded bracelet and earring set. You pick out the color, we send you the gift! :)

AUTUMN FABRIC WREATH
I think this would be the cutest Christmas fabric wreath! SUCH an easy tutorial, I am thinking my girls would LOVE to make one....or two.  :)

PAPER ORNAMENTS 
I have not made this particular ornament, but I have made some stars with Christmas paper....SUPER easy, and people think you are amazing for putting them together..... It's a great self esteem booster.  :)

REMOVABLE FABRIC WALLPAPER 
Be still my heart!!!! I wanted to rummage through my fabric immediately! This will definitely be done in my house in 2011 - I will share the whole story with ya!

CHIFFON & TULLE FLOWERS
I have always, always, always wanted to make these, but never found a tutorial I liked.... Now i found one... look for these to be on EVERYTHING I own next year!

FAUX SUGAR COOKIE ORNAMENTS
I wish I would have found this tutorial earlier in the season! My girls would have gone CRAZY over these! Oh well, I have a plan for next year.

 PHOTO ART WALL
The lady who wrote this tutorial starts out by saying that blank walls intimidate her......they do me too! I hate blank walls, but I also hate trying to figure out what to put on those walls! This is a perfect solution for me, I love taking pictures.....and not having blank walls! Done!

FABRIC BIRTHDAY CORSAGE 
They called it a birthday corsage, but I am sure you can use it in any other possible situation. I personally think it would make cute Christmas Bows! Or to go on hats, or purses.....

STRING QUILT BLOCK
I love crazy patterned quilts....love them. This is a great tutorial that I will most likely use to make the craziest fabric pattern quilt you have every seen.... and of course, I will share pics and the story behind it.

FABRIC ROSES
Another item that will probably end up on every available item in my home.....SOOO easy!




So hopefully I have inspired you to get out there and make some amazing things next year!
~mandy~



1 comments:

Anne Marie said...

some of my holiday projects
http://travelnme2b.blogspot.com/2010/12/diy-christmas.html

Post a Comment