Saturday, December 25, 2010 | | 1 Comments
Saturday, December 25, 2010 | | 0 Comments
What makes a recipe a Christmas one you ask. Well, simple...if you eat it at Christmastime we consider it a Christmas recipe. :-)
I'm going to share Krystle and Ty's Green Bean Casserole (ty is my big bro). It's not your typical green bean casserole but we think you'll like it.
2 cans of green beans or 16oz bag of frozen ones
1 can cream of mushroom (or chicken)
1 can of rotel
1 can of Frenches French Fried Onions
1lb block of Velveeta Cheese
8 strips of bacon
Okay, so first of all cook your bacon - microwave or frying pan doesn't really matter. After that's done start mixing up your casserole. In a 9x13in casserole dish pour out your cream of mushroom and your green beans and your rotel (drain it first!) and about half of the onions - stir to coat. Next cut up 1/2 - 3/4 lb of the velveeta cheese into small cubes and place them all over the top of the casserole. Bake in the oven like a regular green bean casserole 15 - 20 minutes at 350. Take the casserole out and stir it up to mix the cheese in. Now crush up the strips of bacon and sprinkle the pieces all over the top of the dish and add the remaining onions around the borders of the casserole. Bake for another 5 minutes and then serve!
Sorry there are no pictures :-( technical difficulties abound at Christmastime apparently...
It's so delicious and if you like spicy food you can get the spicy rotel...if not you can leave it out. We view recipes more like suggestions in this house anyways...so feel free to make this one your own!
The Blog Challenge is for you to come up with your own DIY and share with us! We would love it hear them. The prize today is a custom beaded bracelet and earring set. You pick out the color, we send you the gift! :)
Wednesday, December 22, 2010 | | 1 Comments
Tuesday, December 21, 2010 | | 2 Comments
Mandy and I are doing this post together :-) so here's my wishlist. (I'll try to keep it short...haha)
1. This dress from Modcloth...or practically anything from Modcloth honestly.
2. An Amazon Kindle. OMG I can't even express to you how much I want this...
3. RECORDS!! I'm not picky I'm an eclectic soul. So I really just want records...of course there are a few I'd like to have more than others.
4. A family portrait with me, my roomies, and our cat and dog. I want this more than anything!!
5. Groceries!! Haha, we've been keeping our eating to a minimum at the 205 here lately...
This list could go on for ages...so that's all I'll share for now.
1. Mario the Hedgehog - this is SOOOOOOO cute!!!! eek! It's a pattern (hint, hint).... here is the link.
3. The A-Team Movie - some may not have loved it.....but I was not one of those people. I adored this movie!
5. Another Spoon Ring. I have Brand's grandmother's spoon ring and I absolutely love it. I would really like in the next year to make some to sell here on Hello Ladies...... we shall see.
Before we get to that...I just want to say: awesome limericks yesterday!! They were so creative :-) good poetry skills.
Okay, as for today's challenge: I have two absolute favorites.
1. White Christmas. A classic!
2. Elf. A modern classic in my eyes. It doesn't even have to be Christmastime for me to want to watch this movie. It's so cute and funny. Here's one of my favorite clips from the movie.
So tell us your favorites!
Today's winner gets a copy of one of my favorite Christmas movies :-)!
OMG so so so funnnnn! I'm super psyched about this one. If you've never written a limerick before here's the secret: it follows an AABBA pattern. So the end of every A line should rhyme and the end of every B line should rhyme. Since I'm no expert, here's a website if you want some in depth explanations.
This is my Christmas Limerick:
I cannot wait to read your limericks :-)
Today's winner gets a super cute pen and a stylish button ring. So you can look chic while you write more limericks, of course!
Mandy here! I have been elected to kick off this blog challenge and for day 1 I am sharing my 5 all time favorite Christmas songs.... If I can narrow it down. :) This may end up expanding into my 5 all time favorite Christmas movies as well.
The whole Elvis Christmas album is genius! It may not be some peoples' cup of tea, but I love happy, fun Christmas music. Plus we have a friend who jumps on the piano and plays it and sings like Elvis at the drop of a hat....can't beat it. Another one note worthy is "It's Christmas Time Pretty Baby".....