Hello Ladies Man Edition: Brand and Mandy

Hello all, this post is all about the love story between my super cute hubby Brand and me!

The above pic was taken on our 7th wedding anniversary, we are going on 9th this year.

Soooo, our story doesn't really have a "beginning" place, Brand was just the friend of a friend who started coming to church. I noticed him right off the bat, because there were only 4 guys around my age in the church, and one of them was my brother....so eww. I really didn't pay much attention to him, because I was waiting for my dream guy who was suppose to have blonde hair and sing to me. :-)

 I guess the first time I ever "thought" about him in a way other than a friend was when he showed up to church in a suit .... I am a sucker for a guy in a suit. BUT, I still didn't like him in that way, everyone was trying to set us up, but I didn't like him (and I hold true to that statement - people). And I wasn't going to waste my time on a guy that I didn't like, no matter how cute he was in a black suit with a blue tie...... I digress.


Anyways.....We had been flirting around for about 4 or 5 months and then he gave me a rose at a friends b-day party and that was all it took ..... yup, a rose won me over. (a little sad, I know.) We started dating right before Christmas, he asked me to marry him in February, and we were married August 11, 2001. People have often told us we were too young to get married (i was 20 he was 23), but I disagree completely. I knew he was the one, and I wasn't going to date for 2 or 3 years, when I knew. We were ready, we both had steady jobs, cars paid off, no debt, and were in love. What more do you need?

We've been extremely happy for going on 9 years and I have never regretted any choice that I have made regarding our marriage. I never believed people when they said that you will love your spouse more with each passing year ... it's true, I love him SO much more than I did on our wedding day, and it excites me to know I will love him even more 10 years from now.....


L for Love
~mandy~

1 comments:

sarahbeth said...

so this made me smile real big!! and i think i remember hearing mom say you didn't like him..haha oh well, guess God knew better! (: LOVE IT!

Post a Comment