Mandy's Top 10 Romantic Movies


Here are my top 10 Romantic Movies - most of them would be classified as cheesy, but I get goosebumps when I watch them....don't judge.  I love a good movie with a good ending, I don't mind crying, but I don't want to be sobbing at the end because one of the main characters died. There is so much sadness in the world, I just want a feel good movie...is that too much to ask???

:-)
~mandy~


1. Penelope
The first time I saw this movie I was entranced. I think I turned around and watched it again. Such a beautiful movie, the sets are pretty, the main characters are charming, it's funny, whimsical....I love it! Plus James McAvoy is pretty darn cute (this is the first movie I saw him in) AND this is by far one of my favorite movie kisses of all times.... just sayin'.

2. The Holiday
I love Jack Black, it's a fact, and this movie is so cute and heartfelt. I love the side story with the old man down the street, Cameron and Jude are beautiful together, I wished had a little cottage in England to escape to......sigh. Favorite Scene - when Jude law first shows up at the cottage.....love it!

3. Robin Hood
Yes, the cartoon! Come on - what's not to love? Such a epic love story anyway, then throw in some animals as the main characters!  The scene where Robin and Marian are under the waterfall and he makes her a water lily ring.....so sweet! I LOVE IT! So many quoteable lines, this is my dad's favorite movie, I bought it for him for his birthday one year! "PJ - I like it, put it on my luggage"  :)

4. Sense and Sensibility
Such a great film! Beautiful scenery! Great Characters! Love, Betrayal, Hope, Family.... I'll admit I have not read the book or seen any of the other versions....but I don't care.  :) LOVE Alan Rickman in this movie, love.

5. Pride and Prejudice
I have yet to see the version with Colin Firth, I hear it is pretty good, but I do adore this version with Kira Knightly. I think I love movies where things work out like they are suppose to, a happy ending to everyone involved. When they have their argument in the rain.....whoo, good stuff!

6. Stardust
Great Movie! I loved the book too, but the movie was amazing. Couldn't have picked better characters, Robert DeNiro as a Pirate, Michelle Pfeiffer as a witch.....so amazing. So much good stuff in this movie - the dead brothers are so funny!

7. When in Rome
I know it's new, but I loved it! If you haven't seen it, go watch it. It's funny, clever, cute, happy....just a good movie. AND Josh Duhamel is so cute in this movie!

8. Sweet Home Alabama
When Josh Lucas comes out of his house at the beginning of the movie, carrying an piece on an engine, covered in grease ..... I fell in love with the movie, because I could totally see Brand doing that, and he is covered in grease most of the time. Every time she cries in the dog cemetary, I cry with her, running out on the beach in your wedding dress and in pouring rain.....gotta love it.  :) 



9. Ever After
Call me a sucker for a fairy tale! I loved it, and I love Dougrey Scott in this movie, super cute. Angelica Houston as an evil stepmother - love!

10. Princess Diaries 2 - Royal Engagement
I know, I know, cheesy as the day is long.....but I love it. Chris Pine is SO adorable in this movie, and even when he is trying to steal the throne he is cute! Just a fun, lovey, dovey movie!


Some Honorable Mentions that just didn't make the top 10....

Australia
Hugh....sigh

The Proposal
So much funniness in this movie!

French Kiss

Pillow Talk

Simply Irresistible

Calamity Jane

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Kate and Leopold


I could go on and on and on and on....but we'll stop there! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment